How is it almost December already? This year is flying by at a slightly terrifying rate. But it's okay! Fun things have been happening.
1. We bought a house! Or have reserved one, at least, while we wait on mortgage paperwork & what not to go through! But OH MY GOD, HELLO HOUSE. It has a GARDEN. & is probably the most exciting thing I've ever bought. I have seriously read so much about houses and mortgages and legal things that I am considering doing a "how to be a first time buyer" post (watch this space).
2. Learning how to play the piano (with help from youtube!). Currently my ability only covers lost theme songs (ha, sorry neighbours), but I am going to learn some festive songs this year! Riley is obsessed with the piano and will happily lie on top of it gazing lovingly while I play. Super cute.
3. This was a good breakfast day.
4. I love this. It sits around the corner from my work (just off Edinburgh's Royal Mile) and is just so weird but brilliant.
5. Reading my nanowrimo draft on Craig's kindle. I've been horrendous at nanowrimo this year because house-hunting & buying has taken over every spare evening and weekend. I do love my story though - am determined to keep writing past November this year!
6. Super short slightly stripey nails.
7. My business cards from Moo arrived and I love them! I will post about them in more detail soon, as they are beautiful.
8. An exciting part of getting a house is planning what to actually put into it (so be warned, the number of home posts will probably jump up!). We are definitely turning one of the rooms into a library and I love this one - love the colours, love the sofa, love the pug!