|Instagram name: eversojuliet|
1. It's been quite a swanky month! It was lovely getting to pretend to be a movie star and go to premieres. I took my mum to the Brave premiere (which is the PERFECT film to go to with your mum, by the way!), and as we were about to walk in she said "what? We're not allowed to walk on the red carpet!". So much fun saying "yes we are, just smile at everyone!".
2. The Edinburgh Book Festival launched and the programme is looking lovely! This year I've got tickets to Neil Gaiman, China Mieville, Neal Stephenson and Jeanette Winterson.
3. Myself, Niki and Jude all scrubbed up in black tie!
4. Lovely tiny canapes at the Hotel du Vin new menu launch. The puddings were incredible - tiny, tiny meringues and amazing chocolate brownies. Yum.
5. Rain. It is always raining. The weather looks almost identical for this week too. Wah! WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO SUMMER?
6. My pal Jude (aka the Great Judini!) is now booking jobs as a proper magician, which is very exciting. This means he's having to practice tricks constantly, so rarely a day goes by without being asked to pick a card.
7. We went up to Edinburgh Castle for the Olympic torch relay concert. It was quite good fun (who knew a flame could be so exciting?), and I'm starting to feel excited for the Olympics! Craig & I have tickets to the Dressage. I will love it... Craig is very patient. Feeling a bit nervous about how busy London will be though - I have a lot of sympathy for everyone who lives there!
8. I tried to get big big BIG hair as I was going ceilidh dancing. I think I succeeded!
9. A really indulgent lunch at the Mosque Kitchen which is the BEST lunchtime curry in Edinburgh. It's only about a fiver for a massive portion too.. mmmm.
10. Craig & I after watching Brave. Doesn't he look handsome? I wish I had more excuses to get really dressed up! I absolutely LOVED the film. I am a total sucker for Pixar movies, and came out feeling so inspired to go on a trip up north!
11. We went to see Grabbers which was excellent - a comedy sci fi set in Ireland that was just the right amount of fun and fear. I'd definitely recommend this when it comes out!
12. Rae & I, glammed up and trying to pose without getting our heels stuck in the grating (which was a bit hard!).
Fun fun fun fun fun. Bring it on July!