As you may have guessed, I am a really big fan of cake. I used to run a cupcake company for several years, and developed quite a ridiculous obsession with sprinkles and cupcake cases. So it was quite exciting when Just Bake got in touch - I am a sucker for a baking supply shop!
It also provided an ace excuse to bake some cupcakes that would be perfect as a Valentine's Day gift. Home-made presents are brilliant because they are really thoughtful, cheap and tasty!
|Red double sugar heart decorations from Just Bake|
I then decorated the cupcakes with mega cute double hearts gifted from Just Bake, and smaller sprinkle hearts that I already owned. I added a tiny bit of edible glitter, and here you have it - perfect wee Valentine's cakes.
I've also picked out a few favourite items from Just Bake's website...
1. Liv cupcake cases - ridiculously lovely. Imagine raspberry cupcakes with white frosting in these!
2. Reuseable cupcake cases - this is the first time I've seen cupcake cases that you can reuse! Lovely and retro looking.
3. Gold dragees - everyone needs gold dragees (unless, random fact, you live in California where they are illegal).
4. Union Jack cupcake stand - I would like to use this at a tea party with flags please.
5. Red heart cupcake wrappers- almost too pretty to put food in. Perfect for a special occasion!
6. Marbled chocolate curls - yes! Chocolate curls are such an easy way to decorate. Put them on top of a chocolate mousse cake and you'll have the most decadent cake ever (a good thing).
Phew! If that has inspired you to bake then I have good news - Just Bake are offering a 10% discount if you spend £20 or more. Just use the voucher code 'JULIET' when paying (this expires on 10th March 2012).