Here's what October looked like...
|Instagram username: @eversojuliet|
2. Thanks to the lovely chaps at Google #CityExperts I got to spend the evening in wonderful lovecrumbs, making autumn wreaths with Pyrus. I love lovecrumbs - if you are in Edinburgh and haven't been yet, get there pronto for the cutest cafe with the very best cake.
3. This is the most excitable photo of my friend Eilidh & I, but we had just won two awards for the Science Festival at the Scottish Event Awards, & we were HAPPY. Yay science!
4. Here's the wreath I made with Pyrus - I absolutely love it! It was such a fun class. They demonstrated how to do two different types of wreaths, then left us with a massive pile of foraged treats to work with. I wasn't really sure what to do (and felt a wee bit nervous when I started), so I ended up winding round loads of branches to make my nesty-looking wreath. As I didn't use any fresh leaves or berries, it still looks as pretty as the day I made it. So pleased!
5. As it's freezing, I've started knitting again! I haven't knitted in years, so I've stuck to a super simple pattern, but it's going to be so warm and cosy. I had forgotten how relaxing it is to knit, and it's stopped me fiddling with my phone when I watch tv, which is a habit that I hate!
6. Michel Faber is one of my favourite authors (the Crimson Petal and the White is the most beautiful, clever, heartbreaking book), so I was seriously excited when his new book arrived on my door! Isn't it beautiful?! I'll do a review shortly...
7. I had already planned to go to Red Raw at The Stand with my pal Muzzy (a beginner's comedy showcase for a bargainous £2), then we found out that Dylan Moran was trying out new material. So much fun. Support your local comedy club!
8. Then it was time for my holiday, and I got to spend almost a full week in London hanging out with my wonderful best girl, Steph.
9. Steph was prepping for her next movie so we were on several missions across London, but made time to go to Tatty Devine and get bestie necklaces. This is a quote from The Old Man and the Sea by Ernest Hemingway, which I really love.
10. Then it was Halloween, and I looked terrifying (Steph was a 1D fangirl with glittery lipstick and all). We went out to Camden and it was SO BUSY! I realised why I normally go to house parties on Halloween...
11. One of the best things about being on holiday? Massive brunches! I wish I could have pancakes everyday.
12. Aaaand November started with a super lazy night on the sofa, watching Doctor Who, with our pumpkins happily flickering away. What a fun month!