|Instagram username: @eversojuliet|
2. I stayed at my friend's flat, and had the company of his very lovely (and extremely sooky) cat Meta, who followed me round purring & enjoyed sitting on all of my things.
3. One of my work meetings was with the very lovely Zoe, which meant I got the excuse to visit Google HQ! I sort-of forced her to take me on a tour of the office, which has the most incredible view over London. I'd quite like to move in.
4. When in London I went on a mission to find a nice, independent book shop & came across Slightly Foxed. I'll admit, I was won over by the name alone (I love foxes), and was so pleased to find that it was just as nice as it sounded - a wee treasure trove full of old and new books. They also gave me this lovely bag, which is amazing!
5. I feel like I've barely been in my house this month, but when I have been, I've tried to be a bit creative. I've been challenging myself to paint just using one colour (to force myself to stop being so reliant on heavy shadowing), and I'm really pleased with this guy.
6. I went for a wander around Stockbridge Market one Sunday morning, and very almost bought a squirrel pie... but couldn't quite commit. I miss seeing red squirrels about - the last time I spotted one was when I went camping in the summer, but I can't remember when I last saw one in Edinburgh!
7. Our winning streak is continuing at work, as we won the Creative Edinburgh Unite award - which was this super cool knuckleduster by Bonnie Bling. Go science!
8. It dawned on me that the day I become a "proper" adult will be the day I pick wine based on anything other than how pretty the label is. That day is not this day. This label was very pretty indeed.
9. I reckon one of the nicest things to do on a cold night is to sit in your favourite pub, with some of your very favourite people. My very, very favourite place in Edinburgh is Bo's (which is really called Blackfriars, but it'll always be Bo's to me!). It's such a lovely, cosy space and the food is amazing.
10. I went to a night about the science of time and music, which had a bit of a Doctor Who twist. I've never actually watched Doctor Who (apart from one episode written by Neil Gaiman), so was a bit weirded out when I was handed a plate of fishfingers and custard. Apparently that's a thing...?
11. Photobooth selfies at the Edinburgh Experiment. I love a photobooth!
12. I've got a huge stack of books awaiting me, which I'm really excited about - I cannot wait to be on a beach with nothing to do but read! This is next on my list, and it looks pretty intense...